Guardian customers, you’re going to be hearing from us quite a bit this summer because we have important news for you. When the weather gets warmer, the incidence of door-to-door fraud related to your security services increases. Every year we hear from customers about how other companies pose as Guardian employees as a method of getting clients to sign an additional monitoring contract with the other company.
These solicitors may come to your door claiming to be from the manufacturer of your equipment or from Guardian itself. They often claim that something is wrong with your system, that Guardian was sold or is no longer in business, or that they have a “Guardian Work Order” for you to sign. If you sign anything from one of these solicitors, it is likely that you will actually be signing another monitoring agreement for which you would assume liability.
These solicitors also often make claims that your technology is outdated and that they can offer services Guardian cannot offer. This is all a scam to try to get money from you while leaving you with multiple contracts to juggle. If you are interested in more advanced technology than what you currently have, call Guardian and we will talk you through the options we can provide.
How to know you are communicating with a Guardian Employee
- You scheduled a service call with Guardian for the day/time. Guardian won’t send a technician to work on, or replace, your technology in your home without scheduling an appointment with you first.
- The person at your door has an official ID with Guardian’s logo. Guardian employees will be carrying proof of employment.
- You called 855.859.1202 and verified the person who arrived is from Guardian. No matter what, it’s a good idea to call Guardian. Not only do our representatives want to know if you are being contacted by a fraudulent company, but they can always verify that an employee is in fact from Guardian.
Here are a couple more things to remember.
- Only you can cancel your account with Guardian.
- Allowing access to your security system to a non-Guardian technician can damage the integrity of your security system.
- You don’t have to let anyone into your home if you aren’t comfortable.