In the midwinter, you might feel like most of your home maintenance and improvement tasks are on hold. But now, since your home has survived the first half of the winter season, there is some maintenance you can do to keep it in tip top shape. It will also keep you from having as much work to do in spring!
Here are some things that you can do now, even if the weather isn’t great yet.
- Clean tile grout.
- Change your air filter in your HVAC.
- Create or update a Home Inventory.
- Clean up your yard and remove any branches/debris.
- Test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Review electric bills and take steps to maximize efficiency.
- Keep snow shoveled away from your foundation.
- Check for and remove ice-dams on your roof.
- Start planning/budgeting for the year’s projects.
- Pay attention to upcoming sales to buy supplies for the spring/summer.
- Organize storage areas.
- Donate any clothes, coats and shoes that are in good shape and that you don’t use.
- Check caulking around doors/windows for deterioration.