It’s National Puppy Day! If you are thinking about getting a new puppy, it’s important to be prepared. You’ll have a lot of work to do when you bring your new furball home. What do you need before you bring him or her home? Here’s a list of things to stock up on. Talk to a vet about any questions you have about supplies for your puppy.
- Puppy food and bowls
- Small, healthy treats
- Puppy-safe chew toys
- Leash, collar and ID tags
- Housetraining puppy pads
- A cozy bed
- Crate/puppy gate
- Cleaning supplies
- Brush, nail clippers and grooming supplies
- Flea and tick treatment
It’s nice if you can bring your puppy home around a time when you can spend some time at home allowing him/her to adjust. When you have to return to work, an indoor surveillance camera allows you to peek in when you get a break from work.
Here are some more resources for pet care from Guardian:
- Help Protect Your Family Pets
- Pet First Aid- What You Need To Know
- Your Pet’s Teeth Matter
- Responsible Pet Owners Make Happy Pets
- Watch Dogs VS. Home Security Systems
- Dog Days of Summer: Keeping your pets safe
Share this image with your friends so that they have access to this checklist!