Have you ever logged in to the Guardian Customer Care Dashboard? If you haven’t yet, you might not know all the helpful information you can find there. If you are a first-time user, fill out the form under “New to Customer Care” to create your login.
Here are some things that you can do on the dashboard.
- Test your system– It is recommended to test your system once a month, especially if work is being done to your phone or if you are getting ready to leave for vacation. All you have to do is click the “Test System” button under the “Your Activity” column. You will be asked to type your Master Alarm Password. Once you do, your system will be placed in Test Status so that the police will not be alerted of an alarm while testing. Then you can arm your system and trigger it on purpose so that your siren sounds. Be sure to allow it to sound for 60 seconds. More detailed instructions are available next to the “Test System” button.
- See if you have an appointment scheduled– Did you schedule an appointment and then forget when? Did someone else in the family schedule the appointment but you need to know when it is? Don’t worry, you can find this easily in the Customer Care Dashboard right under the “Test System” button.
- Order a new yard sign– If something happened to your yard sign or if you just need one for another entrance, you can order them right from the Customer Care Dashboard. The signs are free, you only pay a shipping and handling fee. The dashboard is intuitive and will automatically show you the address where we will ship your sign. The link to order a sign is in the navigation bar on the left side of the page.
- Change your master alarm password or emergency contact information- Also on the left side navigation bar is a link to change your master alarm password. You’ll have to verify your current master alarm password to change either of these items for your security. It’s a convenient way to manage your accounts without needing to call in.
- Tell Guardian you’re moving- There’s also a handy link to the info you need if you’re moving. You’ll have the option to fill out a form or call Guardian to talk over your options for getting a new system installed at your new home.
- Pay your bill online- If you’re not signed up for EZPay, you can pay your bill with a credit or debit card from the Customer Care Dashboard. You’ll be able to see your account number, balance due, last payment date and last payment amount right away. You can also view/ print your statements if you need to. You can sign up for EZPay on the dashboard as well, allowing you to pay your bill automatically every month.
- Print a Certificate of Monitoring- Some insurance companies offer a discount for customers with monitored home security. Talk to your insurance agent today about a potential discount. You’ll need a Certificate of Monitoring, which you can easily download from the customer care dashboard.
There are also safety tips, FAQs, guides/manuals for your systems and the ability to view/ edit your alarm contacts in the Customer Care Dashboard. If you have any questions about the Customer Care Dashboard, you can call our customer service experts at 1-800-PROTECT. I think the better number would be 1-888-895-4805 but it’s up to you.