I opened the door to a strange odor and smoke. Almost immediately the telephone rang. It was Janine from Guardian’s monitoring center.
Grace I., Pennsylvania
Imagine waking up in the middle of the night to your monitored smoke alarm. When you open the door, you see smoke! You know that house fires are very dangerous but it’s late and you don’t immediately think of what you should do next. But while you’re thinking, Guardian calls to walk you through it and call the fire department. This is what happened to Grace. Read Grace’s story below.
“I’m compelled to write to let you know how fortunate we are to be connected to your service. Approximately 3:20 this morning, the fire alarm on our Guardian system awakened us.
I had just gone to bed an hour prior. I opened the bedroom door to a strange odor and smoke. Almost immediately the telephone rang. It was Janine from your monitoring center. She asked me some very specific questions to try and understand the seriousness of the situation. I asked her to call us back as we needed a few minutes to determine the source of the smoke. She told me that she was going to call our fire department in the meantime.
We determined the source of the smoke was a smoldering, unscented triple-wick candle that was lit three days before! It was set in a grapevine basket on a granite table. The basket was totally consumed and the wax was on fire. Luckily, I have a watering can beside the table and used it to douse the flame. Shortly thereafter, the fire department and Janine called and I assured them the situation was under control. My family and I had been in the basement many times since that candle was lit and didn’t realize it was burning! We feel so fortunate to have your service and can’t imagine what would have happened if we didn’t have the Guardian [system]. Thank you for helping to save our lives and our home.”