The “Scenes” feature in the Guardian App is a great illustration of how your life can be easier with one click. What are Scenes? Scenes is a feature within the Guardian App that allow a set of actions to automatically occur within your home as a response to a trigger event that you pre-determine. When you create a Scene it’s like you are creating a “movie” within your personal life. The Scenes that the Guardian app initially recommends you take advantage of are “Home,” “Away,” “Sleep” and “Wake Up.” For example, when you leave your house, the “Away” Scene can be set up to arm your security system, lock your doors, close your garage door and set back your thermostat, all with the touch of one button in the Guardian App. Notice that the “Away” Scene includes security actions as well as smart home actions
You can adjust Scenes through your MyGuardianHome.com account under the Automation tab or within the app by clicking on the Scenes heading. Clicking on an already existing Scene allows you to edit it. You can add a new Scene by clicking the “+” button on your app or by clicking “New Scene” on MyGuardianHome.com. You can pick a specific icon, color and series of tasks you would like to trigger upon the occurrence of a particular action, perhaps one that happens for you frequently.
You can add any security or smart home action you’d like to the four initially recommended Scenes and adjust them to your needs. You can also create your own Scenes for occurrence particular to your life. Scenes are quick and easy. You can trigger their actions from anywhere you have your smart device and an internet connection.
What Scenes would make your life easier? Start by envisioning the “personal movie” you’d like to see. Here are some ideas:
- “Kids’ Bedtime Routine” – create a Scene that turns Off certain lights, locks the door, and turns down the thermostat temp for the night when it’s time for the children to go to bed. Touch a button on the Guardian App and watch all of these actions occur.
- “Late Night Movie Nights”- Dim lights, arm system in “Stay” mode, and turn down the thermostat temperature so you can cuddle with a loved one under a blanket.
- “Dog Day Afternoons”- Keep the temperature right for your pet while they’re home and you aren’t, turn off all lights but one, lock the door, close your garage door.
You’re only limited by your own imagination and your smart devices. What other scenes can you think of? Comment to add to our list!
- “Soak Up the Sun” -If part of your weekend routine is spending the day under the sun getting some exercise, working on your garden, or mowing the yard, you can program a scene that can shut your garage door when you’re done with your outdoor activities and cool down your house before you go back inside your home.
- “Grocery Day” -When you return home from a trip to the grocery store, or running errands, you’re usually juggling a lot at once. Before you get out of your car to carry your groceries and supplies inside, one click of your Guardian App can make things a little easier for you by disarming your security system, opening your smart locks and turning on your lights.
- “Home Alone” You can enjoy a relaxing day at home by yourself by setting scenes that automate the temperature and light controls in your house to make you feel cool, comfortable and cozy. Learn more about programming the perfect Relax scene here.
How you use the “Scenes” feature depends on what smart home and security devices you have. You can arm/disarm your security system and control your smart lock, smart thermostat, lighting, and garage door if those devices are integrated into your smart home security system. When you set up a Scene you can name it whatever you like and dedicate an icon, color, and tasks.
Scenes should be used for a series of events that you want to happen over and over. This way scenes are put to the best use and become an easy, seamless part of your routine.
Direct the scenes in your home the way you want with the Guardian App and MyGuardianHome.com. This allows your already convenient system to be even easier to use every day. Use just one app and just one click to control your whole smart home with Guardian. Questions? Call 1-800-PROTECT.