The Honeywell Total Connect 2.0 platform has recently announced implementation with the Amazon Alexa. This means Guardian customers who use the MyGuardianControl.com platform can manage their home security systems with the Amazon Echo.
If your Amazon Alexa device is installed and you have the Alexa App, it’s easy to gain access to your Guardian security system through the “Total Connect 2.0” skill.
- To find the Total Connect 2.0 skill, tap on the “Skills” options located in the side menu on the Alexa app. Type “Honeywell Total Connect 2.0” and choose “Enable Skill” when it appears in the results.
- You will be prompted to enter your Honeywell Total Connect 2.0 credentials. Enter your log-in info and press the button.
- Read the user agreement and push the “Allow” button.
- Select the Security System icon and tap the “Connect” button.
- When your system is connected, a final screen will display “Honeywell Total Connect 2.0 has been successfully linked.”
- Log in to Honeywell Total Connect 2.0 and ensure that your user code is saved and synched with the panel under the “Access” section. This is necessary for Amazon Alexa to function correctly.
Now it’s even easier to control your home security system. You can complete many actions through your Alexa-enabled device. Honeywell does not allow Alexa to disarm your system for your security.
Get started today by saying:
- “Alexa, ask Honeywell, What is the status of my security system?”
- “Alexa, ask Honeywell, Is my security system armed?”
- “Alexa, tell Honeywell to Arm.”
- “Alexa, tell Honeywell to Arm Away.”
- “Alexa, tell Honeywell to Arm Stay.